Tuesday 11 March 2014

Day in the life of a Finds Liaison officer (FLO)

I saw the article linked to below on the Metal Detecting Forum and was worth a read. I personally find it sad that not even all the members of a Detecting Association would want to hand their items over for recording.

I also note that the FLO referred to the fact that the members liked to show their 'best finds' and I can only wonder whether they had lots of 'other finds' that could have been recorded on the PAS. Also I think I've learnt that 'best' might just mean most monetarily valuable and this might not be the same as 'best' in terms of historical / archaeological interest.

http://finds.org.uk/getinvolved/guides/dayinthelife


One day i'll be able to spell 'archaeological' without the spellcheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment