Thursday 27 March 2014

Nazi War Diggers - It's all change!

The Nazi War Diggers site has undergone a radical change!

Gone is the video of an arm, no wait, a leg being passed around.

Gone are all the comments stating how disgraceful the programme is.

Gone is the Mr Gottlieb's quote that

 “I feel that by selling things that are Nazi related and for lots of money, I’m preserving a part of history that museums don’t want to bother with”

now he says 

"I'm an historian and a military officer. Where other people see fields and trees, I see a battlefield I see fighting positions. I see fields of fire."


There is now a profile of a fourth digger, Adrian, who likes relics, apparently.

There is also a new section regarding responsible detecting.

Dear god, what a fuck up.



3 comments:

  1. The damage has already been done...and this is still not my type of thing. I hope the detectorists involved can turn around the negative perception that has already been produced from the initial release that quick frankly scored a massive own goal for all detectorists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These people have to fall on their own metal detectors. What a disgraceful disregard of human remains and important artifacts, what destruction of a historical site so that the sponsors can sell diapers and canned peas between scenes. I am disgusted. They have done a great disservice to collectors, detector hobbyists, and the public in general.

    ReplyDelete