Thursday 6 March 2014

My journey starts

So today I found a blog called 'Tonyrobinsonspants'. It looks like a new blog the author of which discusses a Facebook site for the BAJR. Not knowing what the BAJR I've just signed up to facebook and requested to join their group so I can have a look.

I've also created links for two other sites that I read, one is Paul Barfords 'Portable Antiquity Collecting and Heritage Issues' and the other is Steve Brooms 'I go Detecting'.

It was actually as a result of reading Paul's blog that I started this one. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with everything he says but it did get me to think further about what I do as a detectorist and how what I do might impact society.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, wecome to the blogosphere, good luck propagating the message of "responsible detecting".

    The BAJR is British Archaeology Jobs and Resources - which developed a very active forum. David Connolly ("Badger") the owner is very pro-detecting and pro-engagement, certainly you'll like a lot of he says and the way he says it, he's a nice bloke. You dont need the FB page, here's their website: http://www.bajr.org/

    " it did get me to think further about what I do as a detectorist and how what I do might impact society" it is gratifying to hear that, but on the whole my blog is not "for" collectors (so not just metal detectorists) as much as "about" them. .

    Anyway, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what though, you'd do well to set this up so you moderate comments (ie approve what you publish) and do not accept the various nasties publishing personal attacks on people on anonymous accounts which has become the fate of a certain other blog that set out just a few weeks ago to do the same thing and has already become a cesspit of slander instead of anything at all worthy of recommendation or reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi detectorbloke and good luck on your journey. I will put a link to your blog on my own blog :)

    And hi Paul

    regards
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul, good point, i'll do that. I'm trying to be reflective and observational in my postings and don't want it getting messy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andy I'll do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)

    http://diaryofadetectorist.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/new-responsible-detectorist-on-scene.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck... I look forwards to reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete